Monday, April 18, 2011

Decluttering is the First Step Towards Good Feng Shui

By Jessica Hoelzel

When someone asks me how they can enhance their home’s feng shui, my first piece of advice is always “Declutter.” What does that mean? Well, it means remove the things that are getting in the way of your good feng shui. It means either 1) Put them away, in their homes, 2) Create a home for them or 3) Get rid of them. Having good feng shui is having a path for the energy to flow into and around you home. Having too many things makes the energy get stuck. Since your space reflects your life, YOU can then “get stuck”.

Get yourself “un-stuck” this spring by giving the things you don’t need or love a good fling. That’s right, let them be on their merry way, out of your life so they don’t keep you back, or limit you in any way. What you have in your home should “move” you, rather. And that is just what we need after a long winter.


It’s time to move on, it’s time to get goin’. What lies ahead I have no way of knowin’. But under my feet baby, the grass is growing.

- Tom Petty























Spring Fling Giveaway: What’s Your Top Clutter Trouble Spot?
Share what area in your home drives you crazy, the place that you just can’t seem to get a handle on. Tell me about it here, in the “Comment” section of the blog. I’ll enter you in a drawing to win a Thieves® Waterless Hand Purifier. Ends April 30.


2 comments:

Sandy said...

Dear Jessica,

Help! I cannot get a handle on the daily with the flow of "stuff" that accumulates on my mudroom counter. I get it fairly cleaned off only to have it start building up all over again. Since this is where I walk into my home most often, it's a drag having this be the first thing I see.

Sandy

Jessica Hoelzel said...

Absolutely, Sandy. I've had some others share that this is their top spot too. I think I'll just have to devote some blog-space to this topic!