Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Putting My Life Back Together After Moving


By Jessica Hoelzel

Moving is quite the thing. First you take your life apart and then you put it in a box. After that you empty the box and try to make it all make sense. That’s what I’m going through right now.

One of the main principles of feng shui is that your space reflects your life. Whatever is going on in your space is going to go on in your life. Right now I am feeling a bit discombobulated. It’s been a week since we moved, and although I have been spending loads of time trying to put the pieces of my life back together, there is still much to be done.

What’s happening for me is that I, personally, feel unsettled because of all the things unsettled around the house and it’s very unnerving. I like things to have order and I like them to flow. It’s good feng shui. Right now it feels like things are going in every which direction and although progress is being made in certain areas I feel too wonky. Yes, wonky and discombobulated. Can you imagine?

If I were to give myself a feng shui consultation, I would ask, “What are your top priorities? What 9 things do you see as pieces of the puzzle, which when put together would make you feel more at ease?” Then I would ask what a realistic timeline would be. And I’m going to give myself to the end of the week – Sunday.

Here’s my list:

Get rid of cardboard so there’s more space in the garage.


Reorganize the garage so the storage is together and recreation stuff is together.


Unpack kids’ art stuff and store in plastic dresser in entry closet.


Hang things that I know the perfect spot for.


Hang picture and cloches in bedroom.


Unpack photo albums, decide where to store.


Store pillows and blankets in bedroom.


Go through tote bag in bedroom and store/get rid of stuff.


Put deco items out in bedroom.

No comments: